WATCH: BTS released Her Serendipity Comeback Trailer and the Visuals Are So AMAZING!

I woke up midnight PH time, missing the BTS comeback countdown. Though a bit remorseful, I was glad watching the first time Her Serendipity comeback trailer featuring Jimin in solo. I got so addicted to it that I watched it many times while complaining about the freezing view count on YouTube. I also watched other reactions videos from YouTubers and I was like watching over 10 now from different time zones and different races. Really, the world is united because of BTS.



Now, here's my take about the BTS Serendipity comeback trailer video which sums up to this; AMAZING!

But not only is it amazing, it's full of wonders. Breaking it down, I would like to start it with:

Jimin's visual and vocals


Literally, the whole video is about Jimin. This angelic being has imparted his talent and visuals to us to gush over. I can see the cute side of him, the serious side and the sexy side all throughout the video. 

And then, the vocals... Wow! I know he can hit high notes. I am not that versed when it comes to knowing the note yet but I know how great Jimin is this video. It's like hearing him is so relaxing I want to hear this song on repeat for hours.
 
The most memorable so far of this video is this:

Yes, Jimin with the cat. The cat is as fluffy as him and it makes him more lovable.  

The Music


The incorporation of Asian element in the melody, the neo-soul rhythm and the impeccable harmony contribute to the great musicality of this BTS masterpiece. It is so good, like literally, impeccably, beautifully and artistically created. Even if it's just less than 3 minutes but the music is so superb, I can't wait for it to be added on my Spotify playlist.

The Aesthetics


The production value of this MV trailer is through the roof. The quality is superb and the whole video is a work of art. There are parts in this video that can inspire visual artists to emulate. 







The Message


Though the song is in Korean with a blend of English, BigHit has blessed the viewers with subtitles so international fans can understand the lyrics. 

Literally, the song is about loving yourself, making it the perfect prelude of the whole Love Yourself mini album Her. 

It may appear that Jimin may have been engaging with the listeners, which is great. But the message is about him, loving himself.  

You are I. I am You.  

He speaks about connection within himself, although we can interpret it as if he relays his love to someone else also.

What makes this song very effective is that it really connects with the listeners. It's like Jimin is telling the listeners, the fans especially the A.R.M.Y.'s to find that self within and love him or Her.


Why Serendipity?

This is a good question as to the title choice of the song. I have found out that Namjoon "Rap Monster" produces this art form. And if I remember correctly, he mentions about the integration of traditional Korean instruments to new BTS songs and I think he did it with this, with the incorporation of R&B beat, making it a very lit song to begin with.

Defining serendipity as the development of happy or beneficial moments by chance may have a contradiction to the first verse of the lyrics which is "All this is no coincidence". Just by watching the video, Jimin looks happy just being himself. Even if the earth(or the setting) was shaking, he was just smiling, no fear to see on his face.

BTS brings a message of happiness from within. If you find that happiness, you can find that peace. It is so lit, I can't help but to get emotional over this song. 

But what makes this song so great is that is not depressing. There's happiness to it. I was having goosebumps listening to it but was not able to cry. Unlike Spring Day, which had me crying the first time listening to it, this song is so full of happiness and hope, it brings me serenity within. It's like serenity and serendipity are related words despite differences in meaning.

Theory time

After seeing the highlight reel, I can't help but have this expectation that we might be seeing girls in the video. But this music video trailer crushes that expectation. This is also leads me to the theory that Her may refer to the feminine aspect of each individual regardless of gender.

You see, each of us has feminine side and masculine side. Her is the aspect of Love as opposed to the masculine side, which is more about aggression and hence, war-like.

BTS may have given us the message that we have to embrace our feminine side as this brings us the ability to love ourselves, yourselves more. Recognizing that side brings that peace and may help you bring more serendipitous moments in life.

Serendipity is such as nice title then.

Also, if you have seen the Highlight reel, it is only Jimin who didn't have a female pairing.  He was documenting the activities of Hobi during a dance rehearsal with a girl dance partner. During the climax of that reel though, we can only see him witnessing Hobi's ordeal as he lifted the girl in a piggyback going to a clinic or hospital, perhaps, during a heavy rain. His participation on that highlight reel was so mysterious. I think his role in the MV's from I Need U to Spring Day was so mysterious that I thought that he was an Angel of Death. Or he probably is.

I am still writing more on the BTS theories beginning from I Need U to the Her Highlight reel. This video has helped in decoding the role of Jimin in this storyline. 

What do you think? Is Jimin really the Angel of Death?

Did you see him teleport during the music video trailer?

Jimin inside the yellow blanket with a cute smile

He was there in that blanket in a room with that big yellow fluff ball


But then he teleported himself to the universe

He witnesses the beauty of the stars in the universe

Also, it went viral for hours from the time the video release:




Check this blog for more posts about BTS!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The should-be gay bars in Cebu

Looking Back 2017 and Striving for More Willpower this 2018

What the Bangtan Boys (BTS) think about the Philippines