Looking Back 2017 and Striving for More Willpower this 2018

The past year 2017 was an interesting one. Personally, I went through a roller coaster of changes, from the business side to the personal preference in music and artists. There were also ups and downs that the last quarter of the year was spent by contemplating on things which I should have done but I was too complacent to do. 

The positives on that year include knowing BTS and having to learn about a fandom that has gained traction in the entertainment world. But it is mostly about BTS, a Kpop boyband that has dominated the world through their music and performances.

I don't know why I got hooked on them. It was like an epiphany of sorts because suddenly I have become more interested in music that ever before. So, I think I consider it a positive because it helps me to be culturally-adept, music-wise though I am still in the process of learning more.

Okay, the positives are more on BTS. But my site also tackles about Boys Love series. I am thankful that during August, one of my favorite BL couple pairings had  series with them as main actors. Together With Me was beautifully done for a gay-themed series in Thai series standards. Thai series standards, no sarcasm intended, but I'd say that Thai has their standards in showcasing series targeted towards LGBT's and the BL community, which I happen to know consists of straight girls, fangirling over  male romantic couples, fiction and nonfiction.


The melding of BTS and BL is a very interesting one. The Kpop boyband has members who many in the ARMY fandom thought to be more than friends. The ship name is Taekook, a portmanteau of the members, Taehyung and Jungkook. Both are visuals of the popular boy group. They are also main vocalists. And they happen to really look good together as a couple. I haven't really discussed well in this blog but I will very soon this year, considering I have been more active lately on Twitter with BTS and Taekook as my main subjects.
 

Being active on Twitter is also another highlight in the year 2017 for me. I created the account way back in 2013 but wasn't motivated to do more until I discovered BTS. Along with BTS, I have also become more fond in  discussing Taekook with other Taekook mutuals on Twitter. So, it's like every week I got tweets about BTS and Taekook. Despite that my Twitter followers is still low but I aim for more organic followers who are really true in their following mood rather than forcing myself to exchange with other mutuals in the ARMY fandom just to inflate my follower counter.

However, I encourage you to follow me on Twitter. 

Aside from Twitter, I became more motivated to update my YouTube channel. I even posted videos on my channel mostly dedicated to Taekook. I have also been taking part on threads in YouTube channels discussing Taekook and with videos about Taekook analysis.

Despite my complacency in the last quarter of 2017, leading me to conclude that I may have an acute depression as this somehow affected my career, yes, my career, I couldn't discount the fact that BTS became a passion for me. It was a surprising one since I am not really about artists obsession but this group has something special, thrusting me to be more vigilant about them including their comeback Love Yourself: Her.

Now, in 2018, I want many things to happen on this blog. And I can do that with a list starting with:


1. Having a strong willpower to make this blog more active.
2. Posting regularly on Twitter, which I have been doing everyday as this is the platform where I can gain updates about BTS.
3. Posting videos on my YouTube channel dedicated to Taekook. I am also creating another channel for BTS News.
4. Be more active, active and active because mostly, I can be complacent to the point that I procrastinate, a not really good trait, something that really hampers my success lately. I want to change that.
5. Again, have more willpower to update and connect with more social media accounts.

WISH ME LUCK!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The should-be gay bars in Cebu

What the Bangtan Boys (BTS) think about the Philippines