Having Fun While Still Young

The thing I failed to do when I was young was setting myself free. When I was reading stories and watching gay films, I envy how the stories and movies project their young characters though stages with their lifelong friends, having fun under the shades of the tree, running in the meadows, taunting at the beach, laughing while chasing themselves near the river, soaking themselves under the sun with happy faces and hearing other's laughters as they match with their own.

I missed those settings because I failed to experience them. I was not able to set myself free. I was full of insecurities and other things that hampered the happiness that I would have enjoyed. If only I could experience those things even I am already in my 20's or 30's, laughing with my special someone, pulling and pushing ourselves and holding our hands together in the open. Those are the gestures, happy settings that I am envious about and that I would also like to experience even when my age is past those times that youngsters can do.


Comments

  1. I am a middle aged man who is regretting that I am still not out as a gay person. Religious background and family reputation are factors. but the main culprit is my cowardice. It is so lonely and I am angry at myself. What makes it worse is that I am broke too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The should-be gay bars in Cebu

Looking Back 2017 and Striving for More Willpower this 2018

What the Bangtan Boys (BTS) think about the Philippines