From Chaster to Sebster: Charice to Sebastian Castro

Back in 2006 when  I first heard about Charice Pempengco in Little Big Star, I knew that the girl with a big voice would make it big. And yes it happened, with the help of social media. I think the same would happen with Sebastian Castro who made social media as his platform for fame.


I am an advocate of social media. Although I am deeply closeted, I know the right talent that is worth promoting. I knew Adele would be a big star in 2011 with Rolling in the Deep. But 3 years before her big fame, her Chasing Pavements became my favorite.

Gotye shot to fame with the help of social media and I think the rendition of other artists of Gotye's "Somebody I used to know" on YouTube helped propel the success of the Australian male artist.

These people I know are big in show business with the exception of Sebastian Castro who has still started to shine.


Shine bright like a diamond, but Sebastian chose the "Bubble". I pray though that Sebastian Castro's career wouldn't be like a bubble. But I am certain that is not going to be. Why? I feel the guy's edgy charisma and the free-flow attitude. He is laid-back and honest and very bold. 
Sebastian Castro showing his 'Bubble'



There's no male artist yet whose anchor in show business is in the Philippines with a music video that is provocative. Noting that most of the time, Sebastian is in underwear, singing and dancing, not minding the obvious bulge.

And yes, he is brave enough to come out from the closet. Glad that he is in social media for he knows that he has a growing fan base of mostly gays and bisexuals.

Will Sebastian Castro make it big?

Although I would say only time will tell, it is not the case as most often think it is. It requires hard work, dedication, and a growing fan base to make it at the top. 

Lady Gaga has made it big with the help of LGBT community. Gaga who is bisexual can make it big, why not Sebastian Castro?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The should-be gay bars in Cebu

Looking Back 2017 and Striving for More Willpower this 2018

What the Bangtan Boys (BTS) think about the Philippines