Be brave enough like Sebastian Castro

I want to be brave enough like Sebastian Castro. 

I've managed to be subtle about my sexuality. But when one person knows about you, it is prone for other people to know about you unknowingly. You would know it by surprise when they outright wanted confirmation from you.  It is like a seed is being planted to grow a grapevine when you tell a person about something, in my case, my sexuality. And that is what I have experienced.

Just this morning, a friend who is a blogger asked me about my real sexuality after hearing from another friend. He couldn't fathom when he heard about it from that friend and was even disgusted for hearing something slanderous about me. He couldn't imagine, he said. And so he wanted to confirm it. And I did tell hm to confirm. As for his reaction, it's priceless. There's no hint of a gay bone on me as he said.

I am glad that people tend to be more open to you after knowing about the real you and I am also getting comfortable revealing some things about me. And just so you know, this friend is bisexual but leaning to the gay side. 

I used to have a crush on this friend  because he's kinda cute. But now, we are more like bros. He calls me kuya and I think of him also as a little brother.

I am more drawn to the masculine side of a gay man. In his case, though he acts masculine, jaws will definitely drop when he talks. He has a masculine yet borderline effeminate voice. But it is tainted with sarcasm. I still admire him but don't anymore have any intention of wooing him.

As for Sebastian Castro, he is brave enough to come out. Though he had gone through some incidents including being disowned by his family, but knowing that he's still here and alive, it goes to show how brave he is in facing the consequences after his coming out with his family and now, the sweet realization that he has become someone being looked up to by the gay community.

I hope I get to see his boyfriend. But I know his boyfriend is still closeted.

Right know, I wish for a gay couple who can represent the gay community when it comes to portraying good, harmonious gay relationship. The relationship should not exist from pretensions.It should be natural.

This may be seen as a campaign that would tell heterosexuals that it is possible for gay couples to be in love and be in  a happy relationship. Filipinos right now see homosexuals stereotypically. Others regard them as the providers of their families while others think of them as sugar daddies to straight trippers . These may seem sad realities but this is because of the notion that gays will grow old and lonely and because of the stigma that gays  can't be in happy relationship and that any relationship involving a gay person is just founded on sex and it is baseless.

I hope we can change that.  


Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do wish I were brave like Sebastian Castro. I am a middle aged man who is regretting that I am still closeted. Religious background and family reputation are factors. But the main culprit is my own cowardice. And worse, I am broke too. So yes, I wish I were brave like the multi-talented and super cute Sebastian Castro. Thank you Sebastian. Through you, I can at least vicariously feel relief that the world has one person less lonelier in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. miss universe Barry Belda Otenatela in WWW.BARRYBELDAOTENATELA.CROWN

    ReplyDelete
  4. miss universe Barry Belda Otenatela in WWW.BARRYBELDAOTENATELA.SALN.PH

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The should-be gay bars in Cebu

Looking Back 2017 and Striving for More Willpower this 2018

What the Bangtan Boys (BTS) think about the Philippines